javascript hit counter

Sunday, January 29, 2006

History

During the administration of President George Washington, the pioneers began to come to Lebanon. In the early 1800s, Broadway and Main Streets were laid out. There was a bawdy-house on Broadway, and because of high amount of traffic, the street was ordered to be "six poles wide," so that a stage-coach with six horses, or sometimes, four horses and two mules, could turn in front of it. The first settler to Lebanon was in fact Ichabod Corwin, a distiller who hastily left Kentucky when there was some confusion over whiskey taxes due the territorial government.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Blogger Frank Dux said...

This is very interesting Markus! I love history, and if I'm honest, I don't know very much about Lebanon. I will continue reading your blog. I think it has potential!

And can you tell me how you celebrated Mozart fifty years ago? I would love to know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home